Monday 6 July 2015

Mary Kom is playing in the Olympics and is not turning pro



The news of Indian boxer Vijender Singh turning pro and not taking part in the forthcoming Rio Olympics have surely shattered the hope of one medal at the biggest sports competition for India, but at the same time people are also worried thinking what if other maestros too go for the same decision like Vijender! However, the world champion female boxer from India, Mary Kom has denied any such chance of her turning pro because she says that she is at present more attentive towards winning a medal in the Rio Olympics more than anything else.

The Olympic bronze medallist in female boxing category, says, "As for me, I'm not turning pro. I've already announced that this (Rio 2016) would be my last Olympics and I would call it quits after this."

This has already been made clear by the 32 years old boxer that this Olympics will be the last ever competition that the boxer will be playing representing her country and the news of her retirement will come rolling immediately after this. But, the boxer is not calling total quits to her love and passion for boxing and she will be continuing to practice it more as a teacher and trainer. Mary Kom is opening her own boxing academy after her retirement and will dedicate the rest of her life towards training the youngsters and making them champions like her.

Mary Kom said, "I'm looking forward to bag another medal and do the country proud. My preparation is going on very well for the Rio Olympics. After Olympics, my focus is on training kids back home and I'll concentrate on my academy. I want India to win more medals in boxing and that's why my target is to train youngsters in my academy. I want to share my experience with them."

However, she had nothing to say about Vijender who has recently declared that he will not be playing the Rio Olympics and is turning pro from now onwards. Mary opined, "It would be better if you ask him (about turning pro). I don't want to comment on that. It's his personal choice. As for me, this is my last Olympics. At the same time I'm also a mother and I want to give time to my family. I want to do social work. I don't want to turn pro."

#newsliveAssam #Assamnews #Assamnewslive #northeastlatestnews #Assamnewsliveonline #PratidinTime #AssameseNewsChannel

For more news, visit: http://www.pratidintime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment